Tuesday, 9 May 2017

New Logo

As most people already know, copyright is a huge issue amongst designers, whether it is designers of cross stitch or any other kind of artwork. The logo we had originally designed for HHN used some "free" clipart found on the internet. As I know quite a bit about the nature of copyrights, I decided to thoroughly check on whether the design we used could be used commercially under the term "free". It was found that this was not the case and a license would need to be purchased in order to use it for commercial purposes. As this isn't an option at the current time, I needed to think of something else.

I took some time out to think about it, getting rather frustrated during the process of trying to find some commercially-usable free images. With no success. It's understandable. Everyone who has any kind of talent deserves to be financially rewarded for their efforts. I'm not complaining about that at all. I do, however, really wish I could draw. I can't. Only in little squares. On graph paper...

And there is where I hit upon the idea of creating a design and stitching it. I had been out of inspiration for a while but after I got back from dropping my son off at work one morning, I sat down at the computer and the design just came together. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and I set about stitching it straight away.

I've stitched two versions of it now, one with the slogan and one without. The best thing about it is HHN can use it as we wish, simply because it is our own design. What do you think of it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please do leave a comment!